- To have an understanding of the school’s language of communication; the host country’s education system and the host legislation in terms of schooling rules, rights and duties of citizens, etc.
- To guarantee success in all the educational stages. the percentage of immigrant students repeating at all ages is higher than among other students.
- To foster the synergies and create a network among public schools which is a growing tendency. It is a key component of this project to promote the exchange of experiences, information and practices.
- To improve the quality of education by creating a nice welcoming school atmosphere, which will encourage the parental participation, especially among those who are more remote from schools.
- To raise awareness of the importance of training and qualifications in order to obtain a good job and to be less vulnerable to suffering from labour exploitation.
- To foster the connection between education and occupation employment helping parents to improve their language competence and obtain a certification as a step towards employment or job promotion.
- To provide equal access to offer all the people opportunities for lifelong education to ensure that immigrant adults can participate in this holistic programme as learners and as active participants.
- To provide parents with a basic labour employment orientation training (knowledge transferable to their children).
- To provide tools for parents in prevention of risks common in adolescence: drug and alcohol.
- international project meetings
- mobility for adult learners
- two year training program
- activities for parents
- online platform with all the contents of the training program, including also other important information like the explanation of the school system, links to useful web pages, psychological support etc.
- dictionary of educational terms translated from Arabic language into 7 host languages, English and French
- improvement of language skills and competences of immigrant parents, especially communication in foreign languages, digital competences, learning to learn, cultural expression. This helps for better employment, self-esteem and inclusion in the host country
- inclusion of immigrant parents in the school environment and wider community
- increased number of learners who are immigrant parents
- organizing activities like school events, festivals which are making smaller cultural differences between host country and immigrant parents
Project duration is between 16. 12. 2019 and 15. 6. 2022. Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union