- To equip employed in primary education (teachers, social workers) in formal and non-formal setting with skills and knowledge for work in different, multicultural classroom with the intent to create safe learning environment for students
- To enable language learning and support integration through promoting common cultural values through history, art and cultural expression
- To ease the passage of cultural change and encourage the process of building trust and personal growth after being exposed to a traumatic life changing experience
- To influence policy makers in all partner countries for guaranteeing educational support for efficient integration of kids with immigrant or refugee background in the educational system
- To offer stakeholders in the educational community experiences and good practices, help them systematize networking.
- international project meetings
- analysis, studies, reports
- national conferences
- international conference
- short-term staff training.
- report on learning needs of the target group
- Open EYE learning methodology
- Open EYE learning tool
- frame for integration OpenEYE methodology and tool for formal and non-formal educational systems
- Open EYE handbook for educators.
- Impact on educators/teachers/social support staff is the change in attitude towards using innovative, inclusive and efficient learning methodologies for integrating migrant and refugee kids in primary education, greater self-confidence, based on new knowledge, skills and competences gained and tested in the classroom. This is directly lined to their career development.
- Short-term impact on immigrant and refugee students is related to gaining knowledge and skills like learning a language, social integration, bigger motivation and self-confidence which can happen in a safe, cultural-aware environment. Long-term impact is related to integration to the school community and the host country, positive attitude towards lifelong learning and staying in the educational system.
- Impact on parents, family members, class mates of immigrant and refugee students is based on inclusion in the school process and on the benefits of gained knowledge and positive attitude towards cultural differences.
- Impact on other stakeholders related to education and integration is related to the opportunity of using innovative methods in everyday life for inclusive learning, which is fun and appropriate for students with cultural differences and language obstacles.
Project duration is between 1. 10. 2019 and 31. 5. 2022. Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union